Midway Booster Scholarship Program
For PDF of the following info please click here
The Midway Booster’s Scholarship Program awards college scholarships to high school seniors each year. Scholarship awards are variable and can range from $1000 to $2500 for full-time enrollment in an accredited, post high school higher education program.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a high school senior
- You and your parent or legal guardian must reside full time in Midway, Charleston or Wallsburg, Wasatch County, UT.
- Have taken the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT)
- Attend an accredited post high school higher education program
Applications for the Midway Booster’s Scholarship Program are evaluated and chosen by the Midway Booster’s Scholarship Review Committee. Factors considered include high school transcript (and grades if applicable), extracurricular activities, service to the community and others, leadership potential, writing ability, ACT scores, and financial need.
Important Note: if you attend Wasatch High School, apply for this scholarship through the school’s Community Foundation Scholarship Program ONLY. (Contact the guidance counselors at Wasatch High School.) This application is only for those who do NOT attend Wasatch High School.
How To Apply
All of the following, in one envelope, must be received by April 15, 2018
Midway Booster’s Scholarship
C/O Launa Nielson
PO Box 608
Midway, UT 84049
email complete application (documents can be scanned) to
Scholarship@midwayboosters.org. Include your first and last name in the subject.
Incomplete application packets will be ineligible.
1. Application Form:
The application form is on page 3. Please submit the application form and all other required documents at the same time. Failure to do so may result in lost documents.
2. Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT):
You must take the SAT or ACT and include a photocopy of your report (either the Student Copy or the High School Copy).
3. High School Transcript:
Include an official copy of your high school transcript up to and including your latest grades. Non-public schooled students include a transcript, grades if applicable and any accreditation testing done.
For general questions about the Midway Booster’s Scholarship Program, email Scholarship@MidwayBoosters.org, write PO Box 608, Midway, UT 84049 or call 435-671-2040.
The application has three sections: (1) Cover Page, (2) Evidence of Leadership Potential, and (3) Essay on Goals and Ambitions after High School.
Type your answers and specify which question you are answering on a separate page.
1. Cover page
Parents’ or guardians’ names:
Month and Year of High School Graduation Date:
List the college or trade school you plan to attend:
2. Evidence of Leadership and Service:
The scholarship judges are interested in what you do outside of your schoolwork. Please list all of your work and volunteer experience, community activities, special courses or classes (both in and outside of school), special projects, and other involvements/memberships that demonstrate your leadership qualities.
•High School Extra-Activities
- List and briefly describe all activities in which you participated in
high school (Examples include sports, student government, clubs, publications, special projects, etc.)
-Activities Outside of School
- List and briefly describe all activities in which you participated outside of school (Examples include Swiss Days, religious activities, sports, hobbies, boy/girl scouts, etc.)
- List and describe any volunteer work and any paid work you have done during high school. Include your job title, responsibilities, starting/ending dates, and number of hours per week. Please distinguish between paid and volunteer positions.
3. Essay: Goals and Ambitions in College and Life
- Tell the judges who you are. Write a 2-3 page essay with pertinent information about yourself and your experiences. Describe your college/trade school expectations and career goals.
4. Check List
- Before you mail your application packet, make sure all of the following items are enclosed:
- Application Form (items listed on page 3)
- Cover Page
- Evidence of Leadership and Service
- Essay on Goals and Ambitions in College and Life
- SAT and ACT Student Score Report (the high school copy or the student copy)
- High School Transcript
Your application must be received by April 15, 2018 at the address below:
Midway Boosters’ Scholarship
C/O Launa Nielson
PO Box 608
Midway, UT 84049
Email complete application (documents can be scanned) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include your first and last name in the subject line.
- These scholarships will be awarded to Wasatch High School, homeschool, on-line school and private school students at the sole discretion of the Midway Booster’s Committee.
- Scholarship funds are sent directly to the college or trade school to be applied to the student’s account.
- Scholarship recipients are required to meet one time with the Midway Boosters during the summer following their high school senior year.
- Scholarships may possibly be deferred on an individual basis for military or volunteer experiences.